Technical Services Cataloger
Institution: Oldham County Public Library
Location: 308 Yager Ave, LaGrange, KY
Type of Position: Full-time, non-exempt
Schedule: 37.5 hours per weel
Salary: Starting at $38,025 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, Health, Vision, and Life Insurance, CERS Retirement System
Start date: As soon as possible.
Distinguishing Features of Class:
Under the general direction of the Head of Technical Services, the Technical Services Cataloger helps to manage the work of the Technical Services Department which includes daily operations, projects, and complex work assignments with accountability for specified results. Contributes specialized and/or technical expertise.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Preferred: MSLS or Bachelor’s degree with enough course work in library science to qualify for certification with the Kentucky Department of Libraries and Archives;
Required: Two years professional experience (and/or equivalent course work pertaining to Cataloging and Acquisitions) in a public library technical services department. Experience in monograph, media, serials, and electronic holdings cataloging. Familiarity with ILS systems, primarily The Library Corporation’s Library.Solution
Immediate Supervisor: Head of Technical Services
Positions Directly Supervised: None
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Catalogs materials in all subjects, formats, and languages; performs authority control; takes part in acquisitions and ordering processes; takes part in projects as assigned; serves as person-in-charge in the absence of the Head of Technical Services.
- Participates in ordering from a variety of vendors.
- Helps maintain a Technical Services supply inventory, including locating supplies, ordering supplies, and supervising the ordering of supplies.
Cataloging & Classification:
- Maintains professional knowledge of cataloging software and tools.
- Uses various bibliographic utilities to perform copy cataloging and original cataloging at all levels, of all media and ephemera.
- Revises complex copy cataloging of all materials to reflect local holdings using the machine-readable protocols.
- Is familiar with MARC coding and tagging that provides for the consistency of data and authority control.
- Has a working knowledge of metadata standards including but not limited to RDA (Resource Description Access), American Cataloging Rules (AACR2), the Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), the Dewey Decimal System of Classification (DDC).
- Engages in ongoing professional development and attains certification.
- Knows and can perform all functions of Technical Services processing; acts as backup processor as needed.
- Assists the Head of Technical Services in assuring quality control in all aspects of Technical Services work.
- Takes on projects as assigned by the Head of Technical Services.
Technical & System Maintenance:
- Acts as backup liaison with The Library Corporation and other vendors regarding any and all software problems encountered with circulation, cataloging, and the public access catalog.
- Confers with IT Administrator to solve hardware and other technology issues.
- Serves as a liaison to circulation staff.
- Monitors budgets as assigned.
- Serves as backup for the Head of Technical Services as needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Ability to manage daily tasks alongside short-term and long-term projects.
- Maintains an acute attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Must perform highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge and daily problem solving.
- Must be able to concentrate on fine detail with some interruption.
- Knowledge of and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel regarding information technology issues and services.
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with diverse constituents.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to flourish in a changing environment.
- Dependable, motivated self-starter able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of professional library principles, practices, methods and administration, and can verbalize them to others.
- Must have thorough knowledge of technology including Windows, MS Office, email, and the Internet; ability to learn MS Teams, Office 365, Outlook, and various other software products.
Desirable skills and abilities:
- Good eye for graphic design
- Ability to read and write basic Spanish
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate library materials
- Visual acuity sufficient to identify materials on shelving up to 90 inches in height and to read primarily typed or printed text and computer text in a variety of type sizes
- Work is performed in an office environment, but does involve lifting or carrying up to 30 pounds and pushing and pulling objects on wheels weighing 60-80 pounds.
- Movement throughout the libraries locating/retrieving materials and assisting users.
- Reaching, bending, and kneeling to pack and unpack boxes and move items from book trucks to bins and desks.
- Ability to sit and work at computer workstation for long periods.
- The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please submit application, resume, and cover letter to the following:
Head of Technical Services, Vickie Niehaus (email@example.com)
Oldham County Public Library, 308 Yager Ave, LaGrange, 40031
Click here to download application