All OCPL events and programs are cancelled until further notice. Click here for more information.
New Resources from Tumblebooks
AudioBookCloud - all ages audio book database
RomanceBookCloud - a huge collection of Romance novels for the older crowd!
History in the Making Writing Project
We are living in a historic moment. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the daily life of almost everyone. In an effort to record this time for future generations, the OCPL Adult Writers Group is soliciting written responses to the following prompts. Submissions will be compiled into a book for the Library collection, and made available as an ebook for the community to download. Writers of all ages are encouraged to submit. Chose one (or several questions) to answer.
In relation to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Have your priorities changes? If so, how?
- What in your life has stayed the same?
- How have your relationships changed or grown?
- Who or what has been most important to you doing this time?
- How has your relationship to technology changed?
- What new skills have you learned?
- What are you doing more of right now?
- What is the biggest challenge you are currently facing?
- How are you staying active?
- What new activities are you doing now?
- What role does routine play in your current lifestyle?
- How have you been personally affected by the situation?
- What do you want to carry with you from this time into the future?
- What piece of culture has impacted you most during this time?
- How do you think the world is going to change after the pandemic has passed?
- What is the first thing you want to do when the quarantine is lifted?
- What words of wisdom would you share with someone going through a similar situation in the future?
Upload your submissions here. Please make sure to include your name, age, and contact information. (Contact information will not be shared- this is for follow up purposes).
Healthy at Home Bingo
During the month of April, download the Healthy at Home Bingo sheet and keep track of the activities you complete. Print the PDF if you have the capability, or save the image to your smart device and mark off squares using the photo edit feature. For every 5 activities you complete, fill out this form to be entered in a drawing for a digital gift card to Barnes & Noble.