Computer Classes at the Main Library
The Library offers free computer classes at the Main Library in LaGrange. Classes are offered on a monthly, rotating basis. All are welcome to attend, but registration is required. Children under 16 must be accompanied by adult. Several classes are offered in multiple parts and cannot be joined mid-session. If you are unable to make it to the first class in a session, please wait to register.
Description of Classes
- Basic Computer Skills: A three week course designed to introduce computers to the beginning user. Class will cover parts & functions of computer; how to use basic applications; and how to access the internet and browse safely.
- Microsoft Word 2010: Introductory course for using Microsoft Word. Class covers formatting, inserting images, and mail merge.
- Microsoft Excel 2010: A course that introduces formulas and functions of Microsoft Excel. Topics included are graphs, basic calculations, simple tables, and Pivot tables.
- PowerPoint 2010: Introduces the functions of PowerPoint and how to create presentations. Class includes how to insert graphs, Youtube video, and multimedia.
- Photo Editing with GIMP: A two week (1.5 hours a week) class that teaches basic to advanced skills in digital photo editing using GIMP, a free open source software program. Coming soon
- Overdrive: Learn how to use mp3 players and e-readers! Digital media covers music and e-books and also teaches how to use the Library digital lending service, Overdrive. Patrons are encouraged to bring personal MP3 devices and e-readers for if they wish, but personal devices are not necessary for the class.
- Social Media: A two hour class teaching the basics of the most popular social media sites. Learn how to navigate Facebook & get started on Twitter. Learn the basics of protecting your privacy online.
- Google Services: A two hour class that teaches how to use Google services such as the calendar, Drive, and more. Coming soon